Your first visit to the Florida Institute of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we will review your medical history, perform a physical examination, review any imaging or lab studies that you may bring, and your reason for coming to the clinic. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page paying particular attention to the "What to Expect, Your First Visit" section. It is essential that you obtain our Initial Visit Patient Office Forms by either requesting that they be emailed to you or you may conveniently download and print them directly from this website. These forms must be filled out, signed, dated and brought with you to your appointment. Failure to do this may result in cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment. You will note there is a map with directions to either office locations.
The Florida Institute of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine is dedicated to fostering the ideology and treatment principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, and Herbal Therapy, providing patients with a more natural, holistic approach to healing, to incorporate techniques designed to prevent the disease process, and the application of treatment principles that restore and maintain health in the most natural form for the body.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Providing uncompromising excellence in Podiatric and Traditional Chinese Medical Care
Please download, print, fill out, sign and date these forms with the date of your appointment with the doctor. You will need to have these forms with you at your scheduled appointment date and time, otherwise your appointment may be cancelled/rescheduled.
What to expect, Your First Visit
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. Please read the following guidelines that apply to all patients:
- Please bring with you your initial patient office visit forms that we have either emailed to you or that you have downloaded and printed from this website. All of these forms must be completely filled out in their entirety and both signed and dated with your appointment date with the doctor. Failure to have these forms with you, dated, and signed at time of your appointment may result in cancellation or rescheduling of your appointment.
- For all acupuncture initial visit appointments please allow for 1 hour in regards to your time with the doctor.
- Please remember to either wear or bring with you comfortable clothing or loose fitting(e.g. pants that can be moved above the knee or shirt sleeve that can be rolled up) or bring shorts. You will be notified if a gown is recommended. If you need to change clothing you may uitlize treatment room or bathroom.
- If you are being evaluated for a recent injury or pain syndrome(neck, back, knee, foot), it is recommended you bring with you any recent MRI, CT Scan or X-Ray reports.
- Please make sure that you have had something to eat at least 45 minutes prior to your appointment