Sports Performance Consultations
Are you looking for a way to improve your athletic performance?
Would you like to be able to train harder, faster, and improve you ability to recover?
Are you confused about what vitamins, minerals and supplements you should be taking ?
Are you looking for a laboratory test that can accurately reveal what vitamins and minerals your body is deficient in and a test that will allow you to measure your particular body's level of oxidative stress that you are incurring as a result of your athletic training?
At the Florida Institute of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine we can help you to achieve all of your athletic goals and provide sound, safe, effective therapeutic treatment strategies for all of your athletic endeavors.
- Assesment and determination of underlying vitamin and or mineral nutritional deficiencies that may be inhibiting performance and or decreasing recovery ability featuring Spectracell Micronutrient Nutritional Analysis and Genova Diagnostics NutrEval
- Assesment & Treatment of any existing acute or chronic injuries that prevent the athlete from performing at optimal ability via specific range of motion testing, recommendations for western laboratory diagnostic studies, and use of Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques to determine energetic channel imbalances with alarm point detection
- Supplementation with safe, effective, side-effect free homeopathic, chinese herbal and nutritional products to enhance performance, recovery, mental focus including personalized preparation before, during, and after convenient supplementation packets for the athlete
- Assesment of cycling and running footgear in regards to foot type, performance levels and goals, and biomechanical structure and recommendations for either a change in existing footgear or recommendations for future footgear that will further improve performance, decrease injury.
- The fabrication of custom molded sport specific foot orthosis for those athletes identified with biomechanical dysfunction or deformities of the foot and or back, knee or hip pain
The "Complete Athlete" package includes:
- Nutritional Analysis Test via either Spectracell Micronutrient Assesment or Genova Diagnostics NutrEval. Based on patient having insurance plan that covers testing and patient only responsible for copay.
- 10% discount on any recommended vitamin or mineral nutritional products determined by recommendation based on testing results
- Personalized/Individualized supplement packaging preparation for daily use or pre, during, or post workout supplementation at no extra charge
- 20% discount on the fabrication of 1 pair of sport specific custom molded orthotics if determined to be necessary at upon initial consultation or for a period of 3 months thereafter
- 3 Acupuncture Treatment sessions including the use of the following included modalities(cupping, tui na, moxibustion, auricular and or body acupuncture). Excludes acupoint injection therapy, can be added to package for an additional $75.00. Acupuncture treatment sessions will expire within 90 days from date of original package purchase
- Range of motion testing for both upper and lower body with testing via acupuncture alarm points to identify specific energy channel imbalances
- 3 included 30 minute massage sessions. Will expire 90 days from date of original package purchase
- 6 once monthly vitamin B12 injections
- Consulation/Assesment of current sport specific footgear(running shoes, cycling shoes) with observatoin gait analysis and recommendations for change or improved footgear per sport
****Contact Florida Institute of Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine for pricing on the "Complete Athlete" package.
Treatment Modalities Utilized:
- Spectracell Micronutrient Nutritional Analysis for identification of vitamin/mineral status and deficiencies
- Saliva & Blood analysis for hormone and other deficiencies
- Acupuncture, Tuina, Moxibustion, Cupping, Acupoint Injection Therapy/Biopuncture for in office treatment of injuries or for body tonification to enhance performance
- Gait analysis, biomechanical examination and foot exam to ensure appropriate footgear selection for running, cycling, and safety for performance level
- Treatment packages available that include the services of other sports medicine professionals including Therapuetic Massage, Chiropractic care, Podiatry, Anti-Aging Medicine at one convenient location
- Individualized performance enhancement protocols for all athletic activities utilizing nutritional, chinese herbal, and or homeopathic remedies tailored to meet the requested needs of the athlete for pre-workout, during workout and post-workout recovery
"CLICK HERE TO VIEW SAMPLE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS REPORT"